BY DAVE BLANK
There is ALWAYS something going on in Racine County – 365 days a year. Just check out our events calendar which has over 800 listings. You’ll find arts and culture, live entertainment, outdoor adventure, sports and more.
The Real Racine Calendar of Events is a visitor-focused guide to discover what Racine County has to offer. We invite you to add your event and visit our calendar often to stay up-to-date!
- Over 20,000 views per month
- Exposure to 12,500 followers on our social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
- Simple submission, broad categorization and quick response time to update our calendar
- It’s free!
How to Submit your Calendar Event
- Visit the Real Racine Events Page (realracine.com/events)
- Select the Menu Item “Submit an Event”
- Fill out the form and submit!
Event submission guidelines
To have your event submitted to Real Racine’s event page for inclusion in our online, community-wide database of events, please fill out the fields below. Events must be:
- Located in Racine County, on the campuses of Carthage College, UW-Parkside or other Real Racine tourism partner business.
- Open to the general public. Events with an admission charge are allowed.
- All images and descriptions of events must be appropriate for all audiences.
- The website has descriptions of all acceptable event categories.
Your event may be picked up by other organizations for their calendar of events. These include:
- Real Racine’s Calendar of Events (Only events of interest to visitors)
- Greater Racine County’s Events Page (Events of interest to individuals seeking to relocate to Racine County)
- Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s Travel Wisconsin.com
- Both CityofRacine.org/ EventCalendar and RacineCounty.com/events/local have links to the Real Racine Calendar
Ineligible events include but not limited to:
- Any high or middle school activities including sporting events, theater performances, art exhibitions or student gatherings.
- Any garage sales or personal events that would require our readers to enter a private residence.
- Any commercial or sales function which simply promotes the business or its products.
- Political rallies, events and fundraisers.
- Events located outside of Racine County (other than partner businesses).
- Other categories at our sole discretion.
If approved, your event will appear on the calendar within two working days of submission.
If your event is not approved, you will receive an e-mail to notify you of it being declined. RealRacine.com reserves the right to refuse publishing any event for any reason.
- Please include as much detailed information as possible. The more complete the listing, the more views it will receive. Someone from our team will review and contact you if we have any questions or need more detail. To make sure we have all the information we need and to share on our social media, please submit your event at least two to four weeks in advance. Note: the lead time for an event to appear on TravelWisconsin.com is six months.
- You must include the full URL when adding a website for an event: http://www.example.com
- Please make sure your photo is at least 300 dpi.
- Please choose all categories applicable to your event. Events can be listed in more than one category, where applicable. (Your event may be reassigned by our staff to a calendar category to better suit our classification system.)
- Once you have submitted your event, you cannot make any changes manually. Our staff will be happy to help make any updates by making a request at email@example.com
For more information, please email Aletha – our Director of Visitor Services – at Aletha@RealRacine.com or Cari – our Director of Special Events – at Cari@RealRacine.com
Dave Blank is the president/CEO of Real Racine (Racine County Convention and Visitors Bureau).